Ani – Chapel of the redeemer.
The Armenian Bagratuni dynasty settled at Ani in Greater Armenia. Ani was the Armenian site of a fortress and ancient town built between two rivers on the east and west, protected on the north by a great double wall. The impressive number of churches and monasteries in the Armenian capital gave it the name “city of 1001 churches”.
Closest cities are Kars, Mren, Bagaran, Armawir, Garni, Erevan and Amberd.